Tonight will see PUBG Mobile servers go offline for an extended period of time.
According to the latest news shared by the Tencent team, this new scheduled maintenance will last around eight hours.
However, there’s also the chance that this downtime will take less time, meaning PUBG Mobile might be back online sooner.
It’s currently estimated that PUBG Mobile will be down until around 9am in the UK.
The good news is that soon after this, the official PUBG Mobile update 8.0 will be launched, although not straight away.
It will probably be around 24hrs (September 12th) after the downtime when the new patch will drop, including some exciting new content for the game.
Here’s the latest from Tencent, who confirmed: “PUBG MOBILE will be taken offline for maintenance from 00:00 – 08:00 (UTC) on Sep 11th.
“Server may be back online sooner or later depending on maintenance progress. As expected, the new version with Sanhok map will be released starting Sep 12th.”
So to make it clear, today’s scheduled downtime will not be directly followed by a new update going live.
Instead, fans will have to wait a short period of time before the new Sanhok map is released.
From what has been shared on the official PUBG Mobile Reddit page, fans can expect the Sanhok map to go live, along with the content that goes with it.
There will be a new flare gun to use, as well as the QBZ Rifle and a new Pick-Up Truck that can be customized.
An improved cheating plug-in has also been promised, as well as more accessibility to the report player page.
Here’s a rundown of everything that’s been shared about PUBG Mobile update 8.0:
PUBG MOBILE 0.8.0 PATCH
New Map: Sanhok
Sanhok can be downloaded independently, so enter the game and get it right away to join your friends in the rainforest!
It also comes with new weapons and vehicles:
– Flare Gun: a rare item that calls a super air drop if used within the Playzone, and a Bulletproof UAZ if used outside the Playzone.
– QBZ: an automatic rifle that fires 5.56mm rounds. Has both single shot and full-auto.
– Duckbill: an attachment for shotguns. Reduces vertical spread and increases horizontal spread.
– Muscle Car: 4 seats, and has both a hard-top and a convertible version.
– Bulletproof UAZ: 4 seats. Obtained from using the Flare Gun outside the Playzone.
Customizable Pick-up Settings
– Pick-up quantities can now be specified in settings.
– Added more achievements. Now can be found under Missions.
– Clan Perks: after getting specific items (through purchase or luck), the system will award a certain amount of UC for players to share it with other Clan members.
– New Clan titles can be equipped after purchase.
– Clan Rankings: now lists the most active Clans this week and this season.
– Improved recognition of cheating plug-ins.
– Added Report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information and Results.
Dismantling Time-Limited Items
– Time-Limited items can now be dismantled to BP directly.
– Added a Collect All button to collect rewards of all completed missions.
– Added new mission types to make progression more fun.
Lucky Air Drops
– A chance to get a mystery drop after a match. Contents are customized!
– Season page now shows all seasons played and relevant data such as season titles, the highest tier reached and more.
– Friends can now be deleted in batches.
– 3D models added to vehicle and airplane finish previews in the shop.
– Animation on the Season page has been optimized for certain device models.
– Accidental friendly fire will not be penalized.
– Chat system has been tuned.
– Items contains in air drops have been tuned.
More news will likely be shared about the upcoming update following its release later this week.
And users are pretty excited about the new content, even though they know it won’t go live until Wednesday, September 12.
“Was everyone kicked out of the game? Maybe just me but normally I finish the game I am in before I am kicked. Kicked in the middle of a match just now.” One user wrote.
“Ended the last game with a chicken dinner. So satisfying knowing every kill kicks them out of the server lol,” another posted.
Last month, nearly 400,000 attendees arrived in Cologne, Germany for Gamescom 2018, the world’s second-largest gaming convention of the year.
As part of Gamesom, the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile (PUBG MOBILE) team collaborated with Honor, the innovative smartphone e-brand, to create an interactive booth experience for PUBG MOBILE.
Fans who stopped by the booth had the opportunity to play PUBG MOBILE on Honor’s all-new gaming smartphone, the Honor Play.
PUBG Mobile also hosted an exclusive “Creator Showdown” competition for booth visitors to spectate and participate.
Content creators including StoneMountain64 and MasterSnakou joined in to fight for the coveted Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. And after multiple rounds of battle royale action, StoneMountain64 and his squad achieved victory.